Thursday, October 13, 2011

High Quality, No Cost: PWE's Free Games

These games are completely free to play and offered me a quality gameplay experience.

Perfect World International (PWI) is an MMO that boasts an enormous world and an unheard of level cap of 105
- My personal experience: After leveling a wizard to somewhere in the mid 40s I was discouraged enough by the advantage given to players that spent money through the game's micro-transaction system to call it quits. Because my priority was PvP I knew from reading a lot of forum posts that it would be nearly impossible for me to compete without spending a fair amount of money, which I wasn't willing to do
- Although I stopped playing, I have to clarify that this game has a ton of potential and can be a lot of fun, unfortunately the same can not be said for most players whose main focus is PvP

Rusty Hearts is a game (hack & slash MMO) I've talked about a lot and for good reason (see below)
- For being in a beta testing period this game is looking very polished
- PvP is minimally affected by items available through micro-transactions, at least in the current beta stage
- Latest patch, Awakening, offers loads of new content
- In-game events are a daily occurrence in the Rusty Hearts world that offer incentive to both casual and hard-core players alike
- Natasha is now playable as of October 25th*


Of all of PWEs games, which are free, I've only played these 2, but be sure to check out their full game list by clicking here.

Riot Games' League of Legends - Downloading the DotA inspired game as we speak (as instructed by a friend), I'll be sure to update this after I've fiddled with it some.
- Turns out DotA inspired is very much the case, despite being a DotA remake I've quickly become addicted to its co-op and pvp gameplay

Also, see NCsoft's Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction goes F2P

As of November 1st DC Universe Online is F2P as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment