Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gaming Etiquette at its Best

As I headed to kill another quest mob in lineage 2 the other day I witnessed a surprising display of online gaming etiquette (if there is such a thing) that I'd never seen before.





After 37 levels of  almost constant free for all / kill-stealing when it came to quest mobs, this was the absolute last thing I expected to see in this game. After all, from past experience in MMOs I'd learned to expect the free for all attitude, especially when a game has just been launched and everyone is leveling up at the same time. In this case the game obviously wasn't new but the fact that it had just become free to play and this was on one of the new servers, Shilien, made for a near exact replica of a new mmo's environment.

Before I started recording my exact thoughts were "What the line?! What is going on?".  Even after lagging and accidentally running out of the line the dwarf behind me actually moved back to let me back in. Honestly I thought this whole situation was both hilarious and awesome. Of course there are always going to be the players that will take advantage of the anonymity of being behind a computer screen, but in this particular situation there were very few that did. And about a minute after I'd finished my recording everyone was rewarded when the GMs mass-spawned the quest mob right next to us. Good thing too, because as much as I'd like to believe everyone would've waited patiently, to me, it was already a miracle that people had waited as long as they did.

See what happened shortly after the GM mass spawning... (sorry it's so short, but you still get the picture)

















Epic? Bizarre? Funny? I'm voting for all of the above...

As always, thanks for reading : )

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, this was probably one of the funniest, most diplomathic things i've ever stepped on...

    I started playing on magmeld, and we actually got a 40+ dwarf stunning those who got off the line xDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. A line enforcer was the only thing missing from this one, otherwise it would've been perfect lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online gaming have been the hot topic lately. Some games such as Clash of clans, Teen patti, Fifa are been liked by everyone. Clash of Clans is an online strategy based combat game. You can build your village, train your troops and battle with millions of other players from all over the world. For more information visit Online gaming

    ReplyDelete