Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tera: A Look at First Closed Beta

The first closed beta weekend began on Friday the 10th around noon Pacific time (3pm Eastern) and lasted until Sunday the 12th at midnight PST, just as advertised. I also want to mention that I didn't experience any issues as far as downtime or anything that kept me from playing the beta. Unless you count having to wait in queue to play on the more populated server, and for that I was compensated with a 'rested experience bonus' for the same amount of time that I had to wait in queue. Although I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked due to some real life circumstances, here's a taste of what I did get to experience:


I started playing a Priest because I wanted to get a feel for real-action healing and having to 'aim' my ranged attacking and supporting abilities.


the Unreal Engine 3 at work


Teleportals take you to instanced areas to complete quests

Ding!

STOP DOING SIT-UPS!
My first BAM encounter (Big ass monster)

First flight path taken to a major city

After I'd spent a fair amount of time playing the priest I wanted to give a melee class a play through, so I chose a Slayer. Unfortunately, during this first beta period each person was only allowed to create one character per server. So these were the only classes I was able to experiment with in this first session.


Real-time dodging abilities allow for creative animations

No comments:

Post a Comment