Friday, August 26, 2011

RH: Thoughts on Phase 2 of Closed Beta

Phase 1 has come and gone and we now find ourselves exploring the second phase of the Rusty Hearts Closed Beta. So what's changed? The biggest and most welcomed difference (to me at least) is the number of loading screens in town. Previously if you wanted to visit every area of the town it would mean waiting through ~6 different loading screens. Now, thankfully, the entire area is one continuous and uninterrupted zone.


Before...(P1)

After..(P2)

You may also notice some new item graphics on your toon...

Back in phase 1 my sword just looked like this...


But now, in phase 2, it lights up... oooooo cooool

I'm also a fan of an 'inspect' function so I know what I'm up against in PvP. Which btw is still as horribly unbalanced as I expected but we'll get to that another time.




While PWE claims to have added a 'skill point management system', where certain abilities can only be unlocked by first purchasing prerequisite skills, it's missing one very important detail; there currently is no specification as to which abilities are required to unlock the locked abilities. So I pretty much just spent skill points on the skills I wanted and if a locked ability just happened to open up I made sure to learn it. Not the end of the world, it's just one of those things that'd be nice to know x.x. To see the full list of improvements/additions made in phase 2 you can find them here.

Until next time, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment